Today’s project features the retiring Penned and Painted Stamp Set.
This fun soap box gift was inspired by a card that I designed for my team and customers. I wanted to create a fun, happy card that represented the beauty of the blooming flowers.
For my team event I wanted to design a box and present a special gift to those who attended. I loved this card and stamp set so much I decided to try my flower in blues.
Once I stamped my flower in Island Indigo and Soft Sky I knew I was on to something. I was well on my way to creating a lovely box that I could present with bar of soap or gift. Everyone I gave the box too immediately commented on how good it smelled before they even opened it. Lol!!
Thank you for being a valued member of Brandy’s Cards. Please enjoy this special tutorial created specifically for you.
Thank you for stopping by Brandy’s Cards! Blessings, Brandy
1. Cut a 6-1/4” x 5-1/4” piece of whisper white cardstock.
Tip: Its best to use the Stampin Up Thick White Cardstock. Its 100 lb weight and will be more sturdy for the base of your box.
2. Using an Island Indigo stamp pad to randomly stamp flowers around the base of your box. You’ll want to do this on both sides.
3. Next, score all sides of your box at 1-1/4”. Fold and prep these score lines.
4. You’ll notice that after you’ve scored your cardstock you created small rectangles on each corner of your box. You’ll want to cut in one side of these tabs. If you would like to cut a small triangle out of your tab this makes it easier when you put your box together.
5. Adhere your tabs to the inside of your box. You can use tombow adhesive, tear and stick tape or even mini glue dots.
1. Cut a 5” x 4” piece of Island Indigo Cardstock.
2. Next, score all sides at 5/8”.
3. Using an Island Indigo Stamp Pad to stamp the decorative dots around the edge of your scored cardstock.
4. Prep all score lines.
5. You’ll notice that after you’ve scored your cardstock you created small rectangles on each corner of your box top. You’ll want to cut in one side of these tabs. If you would like to cut a small triangle out of your tab this makes it easier when you put your box together.
6. Adhere your tabs the inside of your box. You can use tombow adhesive, tear and stick tape or even mini glue dots.
1. I cut a 1-1/4” x 11” piece of whisper white cardstock and scored one end at 1”. I then placed this piece on my completed box and begin to wrap it around the box pinching the strip at each edge.
2. Once you determine the scored lines in the belly band through pinching it you can then use tombow or another adhesive to adhere the band together.
Tip: When you finish your flower you will adhere the Island Indigo Rectangle to your belly band only!
1. Cut a 4” x 11” piece of whisper white tissue paper. I liked my tissue paper a bit wider than my soap so that I could tuck the ends in the box. You might like it to fit exactly. Just give it a try and adjust your size accordingly.
2. Using an Island Indigo ink to randomly stamp flowers around one sheet and one side only of your tissue paper.
Tip: Don’t stamp on the inside tissue paper. This piece protects your soap.
Penned & Painted Flower
1. Cut a 3-3/4” x 2-3/4” piece of Island Indigo Cardstock.
2. Cut a 3-1/2” x 2-1/2” piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
Tip: Stamp your flower before you center and adhere your whisper white cardstock.
3. Stamp your stem, leaves and outline of flower in Archival Black.
4. Stamp the full coverage stem in Old Olive.
Tip: If you want the inside of your leaves to be a lighter shade of Old Olive you’ll want to stamp off first and then stamp inside your leaves.
5. Then ink up the detailed leave stamp and stamp it again in the center of the leaves.
6. Stamp your full coverage flower in Soft Sky.
7. Stamp your detailed flower pieces inside your flower with Island Indigo.
8. Center and adhere your flower image to your Island Indigo Cardstock.
More Ideas and Inspiration