For this months Stamp Club Project I wanted to highlight gift card holders. There are so many ways to present a gift card and to create a gift card holder. I’m excited to share with you this fun Birthday Gift Card Holder featuring the Beautiful You Stamp Set. I had fun designing this project for you and was excited to show you how I switched up the pocket THREE different ways. This way you can tailor your gift card holder to the stamp set you are using as well as customize your design. Yay!! I love the flexibility in design and encourage you to create a Graduation, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower, Happy Birthday, Thank you, Happy Father’s or Mother’s Day card. There’s always a need for a clever gift card holder and why not make your own. Thank you for being a valued Stamp Club Member. I hope you enjoy this tutorial!! Blessings, Brandy
GIFT CARD POCKET
1. Cut a 7-7/8″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock.
2. Score this piece at 3-1/8″, 3-1/4″, and 6-1/4″
Tip: This pocket has an 1/8″ build in the top so that it lays neatly over your gift card.
3. Prep and fold your score lines.
4. Cut a 4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece inside your gift card pocket.
Tip: Be sure to add your Whisper White Cardstock Inside your pocket before adding stampin dimensionals to create the pocket.
5. Next, add stampin dimensionals along 6-1/4 scored bottom edge of the pocket and a couple of each side. Be sure you keep them close to the edge so that your gift card will fit properly.
6. Fold up the 4-1/4″ x 1-5/8″ flap and adhere it to your stampin dimensionals. This is the base of your pocket.
7. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 5/8″ piece of Lovely Lipstick Cardstock. This piece is for the inside of your pocket banner.
8. Use Lovely Lipstick Ink to stamp a design on your banner and use snips to cut the banner ends.
9. Center and adhere the banner on your pocket flap.
10. Cut a 2″ x 1″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is for your pocket sentiment.
11. Stamp you sentiment in Basic Black Ink.
12. Finish your pocket with an Artisan Pearl.
13. Use liquid adhesive or tear and stick tape to center and adhere the pocket to the card base.
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This is your card base.
Tip: I used Whisper White thick cardstock to make the base a bit more sturdy. You can also use the thick white 12″ x 12″ cardstock that comes in your DSP pack.
Tip: If you want a card base that opens you’ll want to cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of cardstock and fold it in half.
2. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Share What You Love Designer Series Paper. Adhere it to the top of your cardbase keeping it flush with the top edge.
3. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock and hand tear the top edge.
Tip: You’ll want your Bermuda Bay Cardstock to finish at approx. 2-1/8 or 2-1/4″.
4. Adhere the torn Bermuda Bay Cardstock to the bottom of your card base keeping it flush with the bottom edge.
Tip: Be sure you adhere the Designer Paper first and then add the Bermuda Bay cardstock.
HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO YOU!
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 2-7/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
2. Stamp your sentiment in Basic Black Ink before centering and adhere this piece on top of your gift card flap.
Tip: Be sure to stamp the sentiment towards the left side of the cardstock so that you have room for beautiful lady.
3. Use Basic Black Ink to stamp the girl on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the top of her on both Lovely Lipstick and Pear Pizzazz Cardstock along with her bottom half on top of the Share What You Love Designer Series Paper.
Tip: When stampin the outline image on the designer paper try to line up your stamp so that her skirt has even dots down the center.
4. Use snips to cut out the outline stamped in black as well as her designer skirt, shirt and hat.
5. Use liquid adhesive to add these piece to the cut out image.
6. Tie a 5/8″ Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon Knot around her waist and trim excess.
7. Use a couple stampin dimensionals to pop her up off the top of the gift card flap, next to the sentiment.
8. Finish with an Artisan Pearl or an embellishment of your choice.