Have you ever wondered how to make a sunburst card without a framelit? If so, I’ve got you covered. You can absolutely make a sunburst card by selecting designer series paper and by cutting your own strips. It’s so much fun and the possibilities are endless!!
This card uses the Frosted Floral Speciality Designer Series Paper from the 2018 Holiday Catalog. This designer paper is printed on shimmery white and its just lovely. When you are looking at your designer papers think about paper with texture, patterns, glitter, embossing etc. This will make a unique and sophisticated sunburst.
Thank you for being a valued Member of Brandy’s Stamp Club!!
Cut a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Tranquil Tide Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to the top of your card.
Cut a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This piece is to layer your sunburst.
- Cut (8) 1-1/2″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper Strips.
- Tip: I used a total of 4 patterns of designer paper. You can use more or less!
- Cut the (8) strips from the top left corner down to the bottom right corner. This will create triangles to create your sunburst.
- Tip: layout your pattern so that you can visually see the designs and how you’d like them placed.
- To start your sunburst pick a bold pattern that is eye catching. Adhere this piece in the middle of your cardstock.
- Begin layering and adhering your triangles to your cardstock.
- Tip: Be sure to keep a small gap in between each designer series triangle.
- Once all your designer series paper has been adhered flip over your cardstock and use scissors to trim of excess.
- Once you’ve hand trimmed off the excess designer paper you’ll want to use your cutting board to trim your design down to measure 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Tip: The reason I started with a large piece of cardstock is so there was room to trim off any uneven designer paper edges.
- Center and adhere your design on to the top of your Tranquil Tide Cardstock.
OVALS & SENTIMENT
- Use the Stampin’ Up! Layering Ovals to cut out two oval sizes that layer and fit your sentiment.
- I selected the 3-9/16″ (large oval) and 3-1/4″ x 2-5/16″ (top oval).
- Use a Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss Marker to color your sentiment and stamp it on your 2-5/16″ oval.
- Layer your ovals but do not adhere them until you cut off the left side.
- Use stampin dimensionals to adhere your small over to the large one.
- Use liquid adhesive to add your large oval to your card base. Be sure to line up the cut edge flush with your designer series paper design.
- Next, add an embellishment of your choice.
- Tip: I used a Galvanized Button and White Bakers Twine.