I was so excited to create this card for you!
My inspiration came from the Sale-a-bration Catalog. The Epic Celebration card featured on the bottom of page 12 was so fun. I had to figure out how to recreate it. Therefore, I decided to try using the same technique to make the same card. Instead of Flirty Flaming I used Pool Party Cardstock and Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils. I was happy with my card; however, I was still drawn to the cake from the Cake Soiree Stamp Set.
I wanted to show you how you can take an idea and turn it into inspiration for another card. Doesn’t the Cake look so pretty and sophisticated colored with the Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils? I absolutely love how this card turned out. I hope you give this fun technique a try.
1. Cut a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock and fold it in half. This is your base.
2. Cut a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock. This piece will mat the Whisper White Inside the card.
3. Cut a 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Center and adhere this piece to the top of the Bermuda Bay mat.
4. Center and adhere layered cardstock inside your card.
5. Use the Whisper White Watercolor Pencil to create the lines on your card base.
Tip: Free hand create these lines. If you prefer your lines to straight you’ll want to use a ruler or maybe the straight edge of a piece of cardstock.
1. Cut a piece of 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ Bermuda Bay Cardstock. This piece will layer under your image.
2. Cut a piece of 3″ x 4″ Whisper White Cardstock. This piece will layer on top of the Bermuda Bay Cardstock and under the Pool Party Cardstock.
3. Cut a 2-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ piece of Pool Party Cardstock. This piece is for your image.
4. Center and adhere your Whisper White Cardstock on top of the Bermuda Bay. Then center and adhere the Pool Party image on the top.
Tip: Color the cake first and then center and adhere it to the card base.
1. Use Archival Black Ink to stamp “Celebrate” or “Happy Birthday” on top of your cake.
Tip: Its best to stamp the cake topper before adhering the Bermuda Bay Oval.
2. Use Archival Black Ink to stamp the cake on a piece of Bermuda Bay scrap paper.
3. Use your scissors to free hand cut out the cake ovals.
4. Use liquid adhesive to add the ovals to the cake.
5. Color the cake using Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils.
Tip: The colors used include: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Paper Pumpkin.
6. Use Archival Black Ink to stamp the large flower (3) times on a scrap piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock.
Tip: Color two of the flowers with the Whisper White Watercolor Pencil. You’ll want to cut out the center along with the large white flower. Color the third flower using a Melon Mambo Colored Pencil.
7. Layer your flower and adhere it to the cake using a stampin dimensional.
8. Now add a few stampin dimensionals to the bask of your layered image and center and adhere it to your card base.
9. To dress up your cake add pearls or jewel rhinestones.
Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils
High-quality, smooth color pencils. Perfect for watercoloring stamped image. Use with an Aqua Painter, Blender Pen or stand alone. Stampin’ Up! colors are acid free and lignin free.